Thursday, November 16, 2006

Entry for November 16, 200610 pm - RIP Linda


I had to do one of the hardest things in my life tonight. Our pet dog Linda was attacked by a Rottweiler as Aaron took her for a walk. The poor kid had to see her get attacked then carry her home running and screaming, I immediately rushed her to an animal hospital ( I had to stop at a pet store to find one). Luckily, the hospital is open 24 hours. Unfortunately, the doctor told me her injuries were very serious and there was no guuarantee that evven surgery could save her.
I was there with her when they euthanized her. I didn't want her to be alone. I'll tell you what, though, she went out like a trooper- not really complaining, and yelping only if she accidently lay on her injuries. Poor girl. she deserved better. I'll miss you, Linda. Hopefully you're in a great open field where you can run top-speed to your heart's content. Goodnight girl.

Christien, I love you. and miss you

2 comments:

  1. Oh so sorry to hear this. I hope she is running up there too. What a pretty dog she was. I have a Jack Russel Terrier too, and can't imagine her not being around. Hugs for you! Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your dog. Dogs are amazing creatures. I know how you felt. It hurts when they go away. Our dog Sheba passed away a year ago. She died of cancer.

    ReplyDelete