Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Entry for March 24, 2009

As I get ready to call it a night, a few things struck me about American Idol :

1. Let's get it out of the way. Yes I watch, and I am enjoying this season. I usually only check in to see the atrocities of the beginning, but this season has a lot of talent and it has kept me interested.
2. One of the contestants reminds my of the "dwarf" in "Sydney White" that always wore the Scout uniform.
3. I'm still struck by the notable absence of the judges during Kanye West's performance. Whether intentional or not, their absence spoke volumes as to the current state of modern music- and I couldn't agree more. Every generation had their "stupid" songs (Humpty Dance, anyone?), but those songs were the exception rather than the rule. Not anymore.

Cuidate Christien. Daddy te ama y te estrana. Dios te bendiga, hijo mio.

No comments:

Post a Comment