Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Entry for March 25, 2009-Psalm 118

Every morning when I take the dog out for a walk, a song I learned in grade school runs through my mind. We learned the song as "This is the Day"; it was supposed to be sung in a round-fashion, but we usually just repeated the verses. I didn't know then(because it wasn't taught to us) that the song was the 24th verse from Psalm 118:
"This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."
I frequently sing it as I am walking as it lifts my spirits.

Today, I read the entire Psalm and I realized how appropriate its message is for today. In it the Psalmist speaks of how God protects us and aids us in our daily lives. No matter what the problem, He is always there for us. It also states how it i better to put your trust in Him rather than in any man or prince. God's love is eternal and it always endures. When we cry out to Him he listens, and when we misbehave, we are punished as we deserve to be, but we still needn't fear death because He is still with us.

How great is it to have Him in our lives, guiding, loving, protecting, and providing for us. As the Psalm repeats in the beginning "His love endures forever". God is love. He is that agape love that we all strive to be and to receive: Selfless, unwavering, self-sacrificial, perfect.

So let us rejoice! There is nothing going on in this world that God cannot handle. We NEED to be thankful and show Him that we are. Every day when we wake up is a new day that He has given us. Treat each day as a gift, a blessing. Rejoice and be glad in it. God Bless You.

I love you Christien.

No comments:

Post a Comment